How Many Calories Do You Burn Playing Basketball?
There’s no question that playing basketball is a great way to get in shape and stay healthy. Not only does the game require physical activity, but it also provides a good cardiovascular workout.
But how many calories does playing basketball actually burn?
According to the American Council on Exercise, a person who weighs 155 pounds will burn about 248 calories playing basketball for 30 minutes. This number goes up or down depending on how much a person weighs and how vigorously they play.
- 1 How Many Calories Do You Burn in an hour…
- 2 You might be asking… How Does Playing Basketball Help You Burn those Calories?
- 3 Health Benefits of Playing Basketball…
- 3.1 1) Possibility of Improving Cardiovascular Health
- 3.2 2) Strengthening Bones
- 3.3 3) Reducing Stress Levels
- 3.4 4) Improving Mental Health
- 3.5 5) Improving Social Skills
- 3.6 6) Possibility of Reducing the Risk of Developing Diabetes
- 3.7 7) Possibility of Reducing the Risk of Developing Cancer
- 3.8 8) Possibility of Reducing the Risk of Developing Heart Disease
- 3.9 9) Possibility of Reducing the Risk of Developing Alzheimer’s Disease
- 3.10 10) Possibility of Reducing the Risk of Developing Obesity
- 4 Why Physical Activities are Important for Burning Calories…
- 5 Verdict:
Basketball is a Great Way to Get in Shape and Stay Healthy
Playing basketball can help you lose weight or maintain your current weight, as it burns around 248 calories in a half-hour for someone who weighs 155 pounds.
So the next time you’re looking for a good way to exercise, consider playing some basketball! You may be surprised at just how many calories you can burn. And of course, you’ll also have a lot of fun while doing it!
How Many Calories Do You Burn in an hour…
When most people think about burning calories, they think about activities like running or biking. However, did you know that you can also burn calories by playing basketball? According to a similar study published in the Journal of Sports Sciences, they calculated that an hour of playing basketball can help you burn around 444 calories during that hour.
You might be asking… How Does Playing Basketball Help You Burn those Calories?
The answer is that there are a few good reasons why… First of all, basketball is a very active sport. You’re constantly moving and jumping, which helps to increase the number of calories you burn. In addition, playing basketball is a great way to improve your cardiovascular health. Basketball helps to improve heart health by increasing the amount of oxygen that your body can use. Finally, playing basketball is a great way to reduce stress levels. When you’re stressed out, you’re more likely to eat unhealthy foods, which can lead to weight gain. With basketball, you have a goal in mind to get the next basket and defend the play after, and that focus can temporarily take you mind off other things that could be causing daily stress.
Health Benefits of Playing Basketball…
In addition to helping people lose weight or maintain their current weight, playing basketball has a variety of other health benefits, such as:
1) Possibility of Improving Cardiovascular Health
Basketball is a great way to get your heart rate up and improve your cardiovascular health. This is important, as having a healthy heart is crucial for overall health. Its somewhat like doing anaerobic activity but having a way to keep score.
2) Strengthening Bones
Playing basketball can help strengthen bones, leading to a decrease in the risk of developing osteoporosis later in life. They say that even jumping up and down is a great activity to strengthen bones. With basketball, not only do you jump often, but you also run and you also help plan strategy.
3) Reducing Stress Levels
Basketball is a great way to relieve stress and tension. When you’re playing with a goal to get the next basket, all your other worries can disappear and you can focus on the game.
4) Improving Mental Health
Basketball can also improve mental health, as it provides a fun and stimulating activity that can help keep your mind sharp. Basketball helps improve various motor skills and you also get to plan strategy – all great things for increasing brain strength.
5) Improving Social Skills
Playing basketball can also help improve social skills, as it allows people to interact with others in a fun and positive setting. You get to share a goal focus with others on your team and you get to make a game out of keeping your opponents on their toes. Socially… the result can be competition and laughter at the same time.
6) Possibility of Reducing the Risk of Developing Diabetes
Basketball can also help reduce the risk of developing diabetes, as it helps keep people active and healthy. While we’re not doctors and can’t make any recommendations, it does seem that upbeat physical activities are said to help with various diseases and diabetes might just be one of those. The activity does burn lots of calories and may be a way to help you monitor your healthy activities.
7) Possibility of Reducing the Risk of Developing Cancer
They say that positive activities may help reduce the risk of developing cancer — if that’s the case, basketball is a great positive activity. While no one may really know for sure, it seems that goal oriented physical activities are known for helping to maintain good health.
8) Possibility of Reducing the Risk of Developing Heart Disease
Basketball may also help reduce the risk of developing heart disease, as the activity can quickly burn calories (just like how people work to burn calories while on planned weight loss). They also say that physical activities may help with key hormone levels. While no one may really know completely on this, it stands to reason that basketball could be included in the recommendation of eating healthy and having fun physical activity.
9) Possibility of Reducing the Risk of Developing Alzheimer’s Disease
Not much is known about Alzheimer’s disease. It strikes at random and hits hard. You often hear some experts say that physical activity may help to reduce the risk of Alzheimers – although no one knows for sure. Basketball may or may not change things, but the sport does get the mind actively engaged and focused and that could be a good thing for dealing with this awful disease.
10) Possibility of Reducing the Risk of Developing Obesity
Any physical activity where many calories are burned might help reduce the risk of developing obesity, as it seems like we hear that from many of the experts. Hopefully they are correct. In the meantime, if you enjoy physical activity and want to burn extra calories, basketball could be worth a try.
So, as you can see, playing basketball has a variety of health benefits. If you’re looking for a good way to stay in shape, improve your cardiovascular health, and reduce stress levels, playing basketball is definitely a good option!
Why Physical Activities are Important for Burning Calories…
1) Physical activities are important for burning calories because they help to speed up the number of calories you can burn in a given time period. This boring of extra calories might allow a person to catch up to the calories coming in from food intake as a way to maintain — or even lose — body weight.
2) Doctors say that physical activities also help to improve your overall health, which can make it easier for you to lose weight or maintain current weight.
3) Physical activities can be an important part of a healthy lifestyle and should be included in everyone’s routine.
4) Physical activities are a fun way to get in shape and stay healthy, and they provide a variety of other health benefits as well. Basketball is a fun way to do that.
5) Physical activities should be a part of everyone’s daily routine, and basketball is a great way to get started with your daily physical activity.
Physical activities are important for burning calories because they help the body use more energy. This is why people who lead active lifestyles tend to be thinner than those who don’t. Physical activities help the body burn more calories, even when at rest — and they think it may be because it makes the digestive system more efficient.
So if you’re looking for a fun and healthy way to stay in shape, playing basketball is definitely a good option!
So you burn many calories by playing basketball. Everyone seems to agree on that.
How many calories you burn by playing this sport depends on a few factors including your weight, intensity of the game, and how long you play for. Nevertheless, according to a study published in the Journal of Sports Sciences, playing basketball can help you burn around 444 calories per hour.
That’s definitely something to keep in mind the next time you hit the court!
Moreover, playing basketball not only helps people lose weight and maintain their current weight, but also has a variety of other health benefits that should not be ignored. While no one could possibly know for sure, it seems that these benefits may include improved cardiovascular health, stronger bones, reduced stress levels, improved mental health, improved social skills, reduced risk of developing diabetes, reduced risk of developing cancer, reduced risk of developing heart disease, reduced risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease, and reduced risk of developing obesity. If you’re looking for a fun and healthy way to stay in shape, playing basketball is definitely a good option!